VINTAGE WHAT?


Having a good weekend? I know I am! It's nice to just relax in this nice weather as of late. It's so sunny and warm out lately, I pray it stays this way. Well, as promised, today I'm going to show you all some of the vintage things I got from the thrift store last week. Three outfits this time! Hurray! Haha, well, to start off, I really want to share this one with you. It was that little polka-dotted twp- piece I was telling you all about. It's just too darn adorable. Well, I don't really know what to call it, you know? It could be called a jumper, maybe. At first, like I said, I thought it was a dress, but it's got legs, actually. And it is way too many sizes big for me, yet fits perfectly! Hmmm, as mysterious as this one is, I absolutely love it! In this picture I'm wearing my blue jumper, with a pair of tights, an old blue button-up and my handy-dandy white vest. Of course, complete with cute heels. Hehe, and in the third picture from the left, I'm chewing on one of my daddy's pipes. Yes, he smokes a pipe like an old Seaman. I always loved the smell of his pipe, especially when he smokes the apple scented good stuff. Anyway, I just love this outfit. Total cost? About fifteen bucks, shoes not included. Thrift stores have amazing prices.


And this next outfit is so cute. The skirt is a little itchy, but aren't all vintage wool items? Hehe, anywho. I love that skirt so much, and it fits so snugly. It just has that innocent, perfect little school girl look. And my mother and I were talking about how when she was young, she would wear those, and as was the style, all the girls would fasten their skirts with big blanket pins! I thought that was so neat. And she went and even surprised me by buying some off ebay. I'm not wearing them in this picture, but I'll have to take another with pins included. The skirt was three dollars, along with a nice button-up shirt, my trusty nerd glasses, a belt snug over my waist to accentuate that very sad figure of mine, haha, and simple heels. Also, you have no idea how hard it is to get a decent picture in the dark with a candle. The flame likes to play games with the camera! But I thought it was a pretty nifty idea to try. The outfit was about ten bucks! Not bad, huh?

And, finally, I have one of my favorite pieces. My vintage fitted blazer. It is so warm too! The fabric is a rich velvet-like red (very soft). There is a single button at the waist, and I intend to replace it. It used to be a jewel, but it fell out over the years I guess. I just have to decide what sort of button I want there. Or, leave it be, as it is.I don't quite know. Anyway, I'm also wearing this cute silk shirt I bought at Kohls and the pair of shorts I also bought at the thrift store. My favorite pair of tights and my suede boots bent over and zipped up to my ankles to give it that unique look. I'm also wearing my new favorite necklace. It's too freaking cute, and it's the only one I can seem to find that has that old, vintage collector look. I'd really love a cameo necklace, so badly, and I'm on the lookout for one, but nothing quite yet. I could order one easy off modcloth, but talk about expensive! I doooo so love their clothes though. I must look at it all daily, hehe. Oh, and before I forgot, I made a little ring out of a piece of red ribbon that slipped off my bath robe! Yes, my robe. I didn't want to waste it (I LOVE ribbon) so I put it to use. You can barely see it in the largest picture with my blazer. Well, that's it for now! I'll show the rest of my vintage things as soon as possible! Thanks for reading! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and please, spread the word about my blog! I'd love more followers.


4 comments:

Hunter said...

My favorite is definitely the red blazer! Ah, love love love. :)

Megan said...

Haha, thanks, it's my favorite too. I find myself wearing it a lot.

The Beautiful and Glammed said...

great styling here, love your pendant! amazing blog, definitely be back! Come follow TBAG if you fancy. Bon weekend x

Oh to Be a Muse said...

megan, where have you been? i miss your blogging!

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

Post a Comment




COUNTER



FOLLOWERS